Content on Demand for Special Sections and Niche Publications
Bread tabs pile up quickly, and it's sometimes hard to know what to do with little piece of plastic. We at Naturally Savvy do know one thing: we don't want to throw them in the trash. If you're also looking for inventive ways to upcycle bread tabs look no further.
Here are our top 9 picks for reusing bread tabs:
1. For those times when you can't find a guitar pick to save your life, a bread tab does the trick.
2. Collect different colored tabs and use them as poker chips.
3. Readers' comments on several blogs suggest using the tabs as scrapers when washing pots and pans and even for scraping gunk off stovetops and counters.
4. Never search for the end of the roll of packing tape again? Mark it with a bread tab.
5. Hook a tab on items at yard sales instead of using gunk-generating tape to mark prices.
6. Use them as mosaic tiles to create art. Want a visual? Check out this piece.
7. Use them as wine glass charms. If you're not keen on the low-budget look, simply cover them with a pretty eco-friendly fabric, such as organic cotton or bamboo.
8. Bingo! Yep, you guessed it. Use them for bingo chips.
9. Martha Stewart recommends using bread tabs to label electrical cords.
Cara Smusiak writes on behalf of Naturally Savvy.com about how to live a more natural, organic and green lifestyle.
© 2009, Tribune Media Services
You have 0 items in your Shopping Cart
Our designers can help you lay out a single page or an entire section, doing it in less time and at a cheaper price than you'd expect. Contact us and we'll help get you started.